Informing Minds and Inspiring Hearts...Educating for Life
The Bible teaches that God gives life as a gift. Human life has inherent worth and must be respected and protected through all of its stages, beginning at conception.
“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret.”
Pastor Cecil Clark of True Vine Baptist Church outside an abortion clinic in Knoxville.
“Would you look at that?” he said, as we stood on the U of Louisville campus. Pastor Dave Daubenmire and I watched as professional pro-aborts desperately denied the truth staring them in the face. The students weren’t buying it.
“Every time Christians show up with the truth, we win.” But then Pastor Dave hit me where it hurts, “The only problem is, we Christians usually don’t show up.”
Jesus said the gates of Hell would not prevail against the Church (Matthew 16:18), but can we really apply that verse when the Church does nothing?
The biggest example of this is abortion. We have abortion in American because the “pro-life” church isn’t showing up. I’m not talking about the churches that are officially pro-abortion. I’m talking about just the churches you and I attend.
If you are reading this, you probably attend a church that claims to be “pro-life.” But is it really? An easy test to perform:
- Go to the nearest abortion clinic when the killing is going on. Count the number of your pastors/elders/church leaders that show up.
- Go to the next meeting of any pro-life endeavor in your community and count the number of your pastors/elders/church leaders that show up.
- Take a look at the budget of your church and add up the money spent on stopping abortion. Then add up the money spent on church-run sports programs. Then add up the money spent on making the music better on Sunday morning. If you add it up all over Knoxville, where I live, it will be a few thousand dollars to stop abortion, hundreds of thousands to run sports programming, and millions of dollars on the Sunday morning music. I’m not knocking music or sports, but I am wondering why full-time professionals are hired to run sports and music programs in almost every major church, but almost zero staff time is ever devoted to help stop killing babies. That despite the fact that approximately 1 in 5 women who aborts her baby identifies herself as a “born-again” or “evangelical” Christian.
- Take a look at the required core education curriculum of your church. It has to be on paper (or online) or it doesn’t count. Look for the mandated requirements for teaching middle and high-school students about abortion. Are there any such requirements? No? Then is it any wonder why so many of our children have abortions?
- As you evaluate the pro-life education requirements at your church, find out if photos/videos of aborted babies are mandated as part of the published curriculum. We hear from the students who grew up in “pro-life” churches all the time. Just recently, two student government leaders at Liberty University told me they were not commited pro-lifers until I showed them pictures of abortion. The “pro-life” church had hidden the truth from them, and they had never known nor cared because they had never seen.
So, is your church “pro-life”? What are you going to do about it?
What would Jesus do?
P.S. A pastor recently told me that his church ”works through” the local CPC that some of their members helped to start 20 years ago. Not sure what that means, but I do know it ain’t much. They were not interested in doing anything more. I can tell you that babies are dying in that church, but the pastor believes that their only responsibility to those babies is to send a few dollars to a pregnancy center across town. If I ever have a heart attack, I hope I’m not sitting in that church!
Monthly prolife prayer petitions
Prolife Bible Study
Links to other Prolife Faith and Church resources:
A Call for the local church to Respond to the Injustice of Abortion http://speakfortheunborn.com/resources/
Every life is precious because we are all made in the image of God..http://www.heartlink.org/beavoice/
Priests for Life Canada -Working to support, inform and empower Catholic clergy to Build a culture of life. http://www.priestsforlifecanada.com/English/index.php
ALL donations are tax deductible.
Online donations are made through Canada Helps
Donate NOW to Edmonton Prolife
Edmonton Prolife Spring 2017
For a Comprehensive list of Prolife Events in and around the greater Edmonton area please visit